Tokyo Electron Process Engineering Internship (Summer 2018) in Albany, New York
The brightest of the bright. Our scientists at TEL Technology Center, America, LLC. work to integrate new and innovative technology into the products and tools we currently have as well as develop new tools to streamline our current processes. We are a representation of TEL's world class technology enabling us to move to the forefront of today's marketplace. Utilizing original development strategies and processes has fully equipped us with the capability to provide unparalleled service systems that have been utilized on a global scale. This undergraduate internship will be payrolled through Kelly Services.
The Advance Gate Group evaluates next generation films to be used in semiconductor manufacturing. A new Test Bench has been built to test such hardware as Liquid Controllers and Vaporizers for exotic precursors. The bench will also be used to determine the process conditions for optimal vaporization of such precursors. This position is to lead the startup of the test bench in taking data to be able to optimize the hardware evaluation and process conditions
* Learn the functions/operation/hardware/software of the vaporizer test bench
* Learn the chemical characteristics of the chemical being used
* Learn to use an FTIR, He Leak Checker, other measurement equipment
* Work with existing engineers to propose criteria and format for hardware evaluations
* Collect/format/analyze data from the evaluations
* Create procedures as needed or operating/maintain the Test Bench
* Propose/test process conditions to effectively vaporize the precursors
* Able to understand/troubleshoot the mechanical aspects of a failure within liquid/gas system
* Able to read/understand the gas/electrical/control schematics
* Shadow during tool down escalations to assign with troubleshooting and repair
* Document tasks being performed which don't have procedures for future reference
* Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry majors/backgrounds preferred
* Familiarity with vacuum systems, organic chemistry, and flammable liquids and vapors also desired.
* Required Computer Skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Tokyo Electron is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Employer's Job# 5905BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.