Charter Communications/Spectrum Spectrum News - Albany Internship - Spring 2018 in Albany, New York
We offer opportunities to students who are motivated and eager to learn about broadcast journalism and gain valuable experience in a newsroom environment. The following departments are looking for interns who will help plan, execute and coordinate various aspects of news media.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Editorial shadowing a Video Journalist/Reporter, Assignment Editor/Producer, Meteorologist or Web Producer.
- Operations/Production Hands on experience in videography, video and audio production and linear and non-linear editing.
- Sports: Responsible for learning to produce clear, concise and accurate sports segments and stories as assigned. Assist in shooting and editing sports video and stories utilizing field cameras, gear and editing systems. Assist in developing and producing sports feature and franchise stories.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates for internships MUST:
- Receive academic credits for the internship assignment.
- Have strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills, leadership and organizational abilities.
- Maintain a professional appearance, be enthusiastic, and have a demonstrated interest in journalism and news.
- Be able to commit to interning approximately 16 hours per week.
- Coursework and previous internship experience in communications, journalism or related field is preferred.
Specify the area or type of position you are interested and rationale for selecting this area in the cover letter. Interested students must complete the online application
Charter supports a drug-free environment.
Employer's Job# 205585BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.