Praescient Analytics Research & Writing Internship – Business Development in Alexandria, Virginia
We are looking for sharp researchers with a keen interest in national security and excellent writing skills to join our team and assist in capturing business. Your primary role will be actively crafting solutions and writing to how to solve unique agency problems. After an evaluation period, if selected, we will help you obtain a clearance and transition you onto intelligence, investigative, and fraud contracts where you can garner your skills in helping solve vital government challenges!
Ideally, the Business Development Intern is a mission-oriented team player who is versed in the use of technology and experienced in the techniques of qualitative and quantitative research. You will support a diverse set of research and analysis projects focusing on global issues vital to the Nation’s priorities, and contribute to Praescient’s business lifecycle by routinely supporting customer outreach and completing administrative duties. A necessary core strength and passion is research and writing, as it will be the majority of your daily tasks.
An effective communicator with solid interpersonal skills, the Business Development Intern must be self-driven and demonstrate a high degree of problem solving in order to work creatively in a fast-paced environment. You need to be a self-starter and problem-solver, quickly orienting yourself to new processes, technologies, and aren’t afraid to raise your hand with questions or alternative approaches to resolve challenges. You want to be challenged. You’re a hard-worker. You want to make a difference.
- Work closely with Executives to conduct research to support identifying, tracking, and writing to opportunities that fall in line with Praescient’s core strengths
- Use a variety software tools to research current and future solicitations to identify opportunities
- Make presentations to the executive team on a weekly basis about status and special projects
- Immersion into the world of government contracting, specifically the intelligence and defense space
- Participate in live deals and RFIs (writing, research, copy editing, proposal graphics).
- Exposure to advanced tech tools i.e. ANB, Sintelix, Point Duty, Recorded Future, etc...
- Path to a TS clearance (if internship goes well and brought on as full time hire)
- Current graduate student or recent graduate with Master’s degree in international relations, foreign policy, terrorism studies, political science, economics, and/or business management.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with keen interest in global events and involvement with academic journals, media resources, and/or online blogs relating to domestic and/or international affairs.
- Experience conducting policy research and analysis on a variety of topics and/or regional areas.
- Proficiency in one or more foreign languages, preferably Arabic, Pashtu, Farsi, Mandarin, French, and/or Spanish.
Praescient Analytics, LLC is a Veteran-led, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) based in Alexandria, Virginia. Our aim is to revolutionize how the world understands information by empowering our customers with the latest analytic tools and methodologies.
Praescient was founded by a group of former military intelligence analysts, software engineers, and entrepreneurs with a common passion for analysis. Many of us have deployed to combat zones across the globe, others have fought corruption from the halls of premier academic institutions, and still others have made their mark by going head-to-head with the media moguls of Hollywood. We believe that this diversity is what makes us high-impact leaders and uniquely positions us to make a difference.
Praescient is committed to hiring and retaining individuals who actively seek to play a vital role in shaping the future of analysis. The Leadership Team is dedicated to empowering our employees with the information and resources they need in order to advance one’s professional knowledge and skills while exceeding the expectations of our clients.
Our company is structured around small, focused teams comprised of intelligent and passionate people in order to encourage ownership and innovation. We don't take shortcuts or make excuses but strive daily to ensure that our analysts and clients remain operationally relevant and on the cutting edge.
This is an unpaid internship that could lead to full-time employment.
Interested Candidates: Please forward your resume email@example.com and please visit our website for more information:www.praescientanalytics.com
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship Required. Praescient Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Title: Research & Writing Internship – Business Development
Location: Alexandria, VA
Start Date: N/A