Prologis, Inc Intern Accounting (IC) in Amsterdam, NewfoundlandNetherlands
Prologis is seeking an Intern Intercompany Accounting for its subsidiary based in Amsterdam.
General Job Summary :
The internship will mainly focus on the Intercompany loan documentation process and the AR Cash in transit account reconciliation in excel. You will participate in all regular team meetings, operational meetings and discussions about the work. You will be involved in thinking about process changes and process improvements. During your internship, you will be involved in different fields within our international organization.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Loan documentation end-to-end process flow
- Basic accounting processes and procedures within a multinational corporate environment
- Working with various customers and stakeholders (Cash Management, Accounting, Tax, Legal and other local business teams)
- Understanding the intercompany structure of a large organization
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel)
Quick learner with a positive attitude
Excellent English language skills
- Studying in Finance on HBO/BSc/MSc level
- A broad internship with different responsibilities
- Working within an international, fast-paced, dynamic organization
- Working in the business center of Amsterdam
- Competitive internship allowance
- Travel costs fully reimbursed
- Hands-on mentality : ability to proactively and practically manage ad hoc requests from team.
- Multi-tasking : ability to handle a diverse range of requests from the business at any one time.
- Team Player : ability to work in a team and to collaborate with various colleagues from different departments.
- Proactive behavior: ability to understand and anticipate the needs of the business.
- Handle pressure : ability to deal with ambiguity and work well under pressure whilst meeting deadlines.
Flexible : adaptable to change, ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving and demanding environment.
Interpersonal and communication skills : ability to communicate strongly both verbally and written and build strong relations.
- Integrity: be trustworthy and treat all information with the highest level of confidentiality.
- Detail-oriented: strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Service oriented : ability to provide the highest level of service and friendliness.
- Cultural sensitivity : ability to work in a multi-cultural and matrix structure environment, act and respond appropriately in a political environment, properly handle confidential information and work in a constructive way with other staff groups.
Prologis operates the world’s largest and most diverse portfolio of industrial distribution facilities. Totalling more than 669 million square feet (62 million square meters), the company’s portfolio comprises High Throughput Distribution (HTD®) facilities—industrial properties built for speed located near key seaports, airports and major freeway interchanges. By focusing on strategic global and regional markets, we help customers maximize the efficiency of their distribution, logistics and light manufacturing. In addition to high-quality facilities, our land holdings and our development expertise enable us to offer customers complete supply chain solutions. If the right facility doesn’t already exist, we can design and build it on a prime location, optimized to fit a customer’s distribution strategy. For additional information about the company, go to www.prologis.com .