Texas Instruments Product Engineering Intern in Arizona
Job ID 20083BR
Job Posting Title Product Engineering Intern
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
As a Product Engineering Intern, you’ll support the development and implementation of strategies that achieve profitability targets on assigned TI product lines through new product development, cost reduction, capacity expansion and yield enhancement projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Testing and troubleshooting issues
• Developing production and characterization test specifications
• Creating and managing product documentation
• Providing product development support, which involves interfacing with design, test engineering, quality engineering, and other groups
Additional responsibilities include:
• Designing, debugging, and correlating test hardware and software
• Designing interface and measurement circuits to make tester capabilities compatible with product definitions
You’ll have direct involvement in the entire lifecycle of the products in your assigned within the product portfolio, including product definition, qualification, manufacturing, cost optimization, and quality. In addition, you will have the chance to resolve customer quality and application issues, and facilitates cross-functional teams in problem solving activities.
Put your talent to work with us as a Product Engineering Intern – change the world, love your job!
• Currently pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering or related field
• Minimum Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA
• Proficiency with bench level test equipment (i.e. DC power supplies, oscilloscopes, multi-meters)
• Experience with LabView, Spotfire, Matlab, and/or other programming skills
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced global team environment with other technical teams
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Co-Op - New
Minimum Education Level HS Graduate or Equivalent
Related Field(s) of Study
Electrical & Computer Engineer
Minimum Years of Experience 0
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.