Leidos Network Engineering Intern - CMS in BALTIMORE, Maryland
The successful candidate will serve as a member of the Network Engineering team responsible for providing network operations support for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). This is an entry level position. Candidate must be familiar with basic networking concepts and technologies
• Install, configure, maintain and document network hardware and software suites
• Assist in the monitoring of network systems to ensure continued network health
• Update and/or create network documentation.
• Provide support to IT for new deployments, enhancements, or modifications to IT systems.
• Assist with life-cycle management evaluations and recommendations.
• Excellent communication ability and the ability to work well with others in a diplomatic fashion is an essential skill.
• Continuously learn new networking concepts and skills.
• Perform other duties as needed.
• Awareness of primary network topologies, LANs/WANs (Ethernet), TCP/IP protocol (IPv4) and other common network standards.
• The ability to work well with others in a diplomatic and professional fashion.
• The ability to clearly and effectively communicate through verbal and written means.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Current enrollment in an accredited college or university
• Basic knowledge of IPv6 is desired.
• Experience with IP Address space management desired.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.