Amazon.com Category Management - Intern only for MBA Campus Hires. Applicable for current batch on campus (Referrals not accepted) in Bangalore, India
“Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” – Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com – a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States, and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
Technological innovation drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more selection, convenient shopping, and low prices. Amazon Web Services provides developers and small to large businesses access to the horizontally scalable state of the art cloud infrastructure like S3, EC2, AMI, CloudFront and SimpleDB, that powers Amazon.com. Developers can build any type of business on Amazon Web Services and scale their application with growing business needs.
We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
About Amazon India
Amazon teams in India work on complex business challenges to innovate and create efficient solutions that enable various Amazon businesses, including Amazon websites across the world as well as support Payments, Transportation, and Digital products and services like the Kindle family of tablets, e-readers and the store. We are proud to have some of the finest talent and strong leaders with proven experience working to make Amazon the Earth’s most customer-centric company.
We made our foray into the Indian market with the launch of Junglee.com, enabling retailers in India to advertise their products to millions of Indian shoppers and drive targeted traffic to their stores. In June 2013, we launched www.amazon.in for shoppers in India. With www.amazon.in, we endeavor to give customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, fast and reliable delivery, and a trusted and convenient online shopping experience. In 4 years of launching our India operations, we have expanded our offering to over 100 million products across hundreds of categories. We are transforming the way India buys and sells and our philosophy of working backwards from the customers is what drives our growth and success.
We will continue to strive to become a trusted and meaningful sales and logistics channel for retailers of all sizes across India and a fast, reliable and convenient online shopping destination for consumers. For us, it is always “Day 1” and we are committed to aggressively invest over the long-term and relentlessly focus on raising the bar for customer experience in India.
Amazon India offers opportunities where you can dive right in, work with smart people on challenging problems and make an impact that contributes to the lives of millions.
About the Role
Category Management Intern
Category Managers at Amazon have end to end responsibility of the category they have been assigned to. Amazon strives to present its customers with the widest selection of products at the best prices – The Category manager’s role is to bring in the relevant assortment, manage their sales and negotiate terms with the vendors. Responsibilities Include The successful candidate will be the business owner, with responsibility for signing the right mix of vendors, adding unique local and/or import selection, driving traffic growth and increasing conversion and margin improvements while delivering top notch customer experience. He/she must be an effective leader and communicator working with our most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and groups. He or she will have strong business judgment with a track record of strong ownership values and relationship management skills. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work on a start-up business team.
Stipend and Benefits
• The Internship Stipend will be INR 85,000 per month.
• Stipend is payable in accordance with the Company’s standard payroll practice and subject to applicable withholding taxes.
• Flight tickets in economy class (on ward and return for internship).
• The candidates are also eligible for 15 days accommodation and 15 days cab on reimbursement basis. • Monthly food coupons.
• Free HOH (Home –Office-Home) for duration of internship.
• An understanding of and passion for e-commerce.
• Work experience is preferred (0 - 4 years).
• Experience in Business, buying, Selling or finance
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven negotiation skills, influencing abilities
• Strong numerical and analytical aptitude
• Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
• Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines Detail-oriented
• Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
• Smart, enthusiastic, hard-working, and creative.
• Innovative, team oriented, and have a desire to participate in change and appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities.
• Experience in project ownership and using customer data to identify and prioritize opportunities.
AMZR Req ID: 559449
External Company URL: www.amazon.com