Amazon.com Operations Management - Intern only for MBA Campus Hires. Applicable for current batch on campus (Referrals not accepted) in Bangalore, India
“Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” – Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com – a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States, and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
Technological innovation drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more selection, convenient shopping, and low prices. Amazon Web Services provides developers and small to large businesses access to the horizontally scalable state of the art cloud infrastructure like S3, EC2, AMI, CloudFront and SimpleDB, that powers Amazon.com. Developers can build any type of business on Amazon Web Services and scale their application with growing business needs.
We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
About Amazon India
Amazon teams in India work on complex business challenges to innovate and create efficient solutions that enable various Amazon businesses, including Amazon websites across the world as well as support Payments, Transportation, and Digital products and services like the Kindle family of tablets, e-readers and the store. We are proud to have some of the finest talent and strong leaders with proven experience working to make Amazon the Earth’s most customer-centric company.
We made our foray into the Indian market with the launch of Junglee.com, enabling retailers in India to advertise their products to millions of Indian shoppers and drive targeted traffic to their stores. In June 2013, we launched www.amazon.in for shoppers in India. With www.amazon.in, we endeavor to give customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, fast and reliable delivery, and a trusted and convenient online shopping experience. In 4 years of launching our India operations, we have expanded our offering to over 100 million products across hundreds of categories. We are transforming the way India buys and sells and our philosophy of working backwards from the customers is what drives our growth and success.
We will continue to strive to become a trusted and meaningful sales and logistics channel for retailers of all sizes across India and a fast, reliable and convenient online shopping destination for consumers. For us, it is always “Day 1” and we are committed to aggressively invest over the long-term and relentlessly focus on raising the bar for customer experience in India.
Amazon India offers opportunities where you can dive right in, work with smart people on challenging problems and make an impact that contributes to the lives of millions.
About the Role
Amazon Operations primarily consist of Inventory planning & supply chain, warehouse management, transportation, 3P seller order fulfillment, customer returns & customer service. The tasks handled by operations have a direct impact on customer experience with Amazon.com. As an Intern, you will work with the Leadership team at Hyderabad/Bangalore/Mumbai to improve existing systems or processes or devise new ways and reduce defects to serve Amazon’s customers better. You will be required to analyze data, interact with cross functional teams, recommend and pilot improvements that will help us serve our customers better, in line with our goal to be the Earth’s Most Customer Centric Company.
The projects offered to the interns joining the Operations Team would focus on one or more of the below areas:
· Customer/ Seller service Contact Reduction
· Concessions – defect analysis, reduction and improving customer experience
· Methods to track and improve performance of partners (carriers)
· Transportation/Supply chain issues pertaining to new geographies where Amazon has a potential marketplace
· Perform market and competitive analysis as required for different parameters in transportation. Develop operating plans to improve performance and monitoring & pilot them.
· Identify and prevent financial leakage when working with partners.
· Enhancing customer returns experience
· Drive process improvements to enhance the operational efficiencies or improve quality metrics in Fulfillment Centers/ Transportation/Customer service / Seller Service
· Analyze and create mechanisms to improve 3P seller order fulfillment
· Improving Fulfilment Center processes and metrics by working with team members in Retail, FBA, CS, Transportation etc.
Stipend and Benefits
· The Internship Stipend will be INR 85,000 per month.
· Stipend is payable in accordance with the Company’s standard payroll practice and subject to applicable withholding taxes.
· Flight tickets in economy class (on ward and return for internship).
· The interns are eligible for 15 days accommodation.
· Interns are also eligible for 15 days cab on reimbursement basis to a maximum of INR 7,000/-.
· Monthly food coupons
· Free HOH (Home –Office-Home) for duration of internship.
· An understanding of and passion for e-commerce
· Work experience is preferred (2 - 4.5 years).
· Possess strong communication and leadership skills
· Able to work in an ambiguous, dynamic & ‘internet-speed’ environment with tight deadlines
· Have an absolute passion for ensuring a great customer experience
· Possess exceptional skills in data manipulation and analysis
· Outstanding attention to detail; Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills
· Be a self-starter
· Attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Experience in business process improvement, Lean/Six Sigma a strong plus.
AMZR Req ID: 559089
External Company URL: www.amazon.com