Amazon.com Product Management - Intern only for MBA Campus Hires. Applicable for current batch on campus (Referrals not accepted) in Bangalore, India
“Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” – Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com – a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States, and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
Technological innovation drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more selection, convenient shopping, and low prices. Amazon Web Services provides developers and small to large businesses access to the horizontally scalable state of the art cloud infrastructure like S3, EC2, AMI, CloudFront and SimpleDB, that powers Amazon.com. Developers can build any type of business on Amazon Web Services and scale their application with growing business needs.
We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
About Amazon India
Amazon teams in India work on complex business challenges to innovate and create efficient solutions that enable various Amazon businesses, including Amazon websites across the world as well as support Payments, Transportation, and Digital products and services like the Kindle family of tablets, e-readers and the store. We are proud to have some of the finest talent and strong leaders with proven experience working to make Amazon the Earth’s most customer-centric company.
We made our foray into the Indian market with the launch of Junglee.com, enabling retailers in India to advertise their products to millions of Indian shoppers and drive targeted traffic to their stores. In June 2013, we launched www.amazon.in for shoppers in India. With www.amazon.in, we endeavor to give customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, fast and reliable delivery, and a trusted and convenient online shopping experience. In 4 years of launching our India operations, we have expanded our offering to over 100 million products across hundreds of categories. We are transforming the way India buys and sells and our philosophy of working backwards from the customers is what drives our growth and success.
We will continue to strive to become a trusted and meaningful sales and logistics channel for retailers of all sizes across India and a fast, reliable and convenient online shopping destination for consumers. For us, it is always “Day 1” and we are committed to aggressively invest over the long-term and relentlessly focus on raising the bar for customer experience in India.
Amazon India offers opportunities where you can dive right in, work with smart people on challenging problems and make an impact that contributes to the lives of millions.
About the Role
Product Management Intern
Intern must be customer obsessed and possess strong analytical skills, exceptional communication abilities and a strategic mindset. Candidate must be a team player and bring experience working with cross-functional teams. Prior experience in consumer internet space or in the financial services or payments space is preferred.
This role is responsible for working with the worldwide Amazon team to formulate recommendations on new business initiatives and partnering with operations, technology teams, and product development teams to implement these recommendations. As a product manager, you will develop long-term strategies to offer customer-centric features and programs, and ensure quality onsite customer experience and overall service. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about managing challenging, lengthy projects across multiple teams and locations. He or she will be comfortable marshaling large amounts of data to make decisions and build business cases. We are looking for a Product Manager who shares Amazon's passion for the customer— someone who understands the importance of compelling features and functionalities in driving great customer experience.
Focus and deliverables
• Identify and prioritize the most immediate improvement opportunities.
• Benchmark competitive experiences across the customer value chain, and define and implement a roadmap of improvements that ensure Amazon leadership for each of these.
• Create and implement a roadmap that ensures leadership in customer experience in each business category.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Define and drive a world-class customer experience. Create alignment for the product vision. Translate the customer experience into a logically sequenced and optimized product roadmap.
• Partner with global category leaders to establish selection strategy of brands and products, and work with global vendors to add selection to the global catalog.
• Maintain a product and feature roadmap and manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, site performance and operational support load.
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals. Lead cross-functionally to ensure we implement the business vision efficiently.
• Own ongoing and continuous improvement of the customer experience and defect reduction for all products.
• Prepare business cases for category-specific initiatives targeted at improving category experience and partner with the appropriate cross-functional teams to deliver them.
• Deep understanding of and passion for e-commerce required.
• Work experience is preferred (2 – 4.5 years)
• Demonstrated intense customer focus.
• Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
• Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically.
• Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
• Develops original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual, or difficult situations or problems.
• Consistent effort, intense commitment, and willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
• Strong team player, behaves like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards.
• Experience analyzing and improving performance of a business.
• Possess an entrepreneurial spirit with strong program and product management skills.
• Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap.
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management.
• Highly organized and strong attention to details.
• Hands-on, results-oriented mentality, combined with the ability to meet tight deadlines
Stipend and Benefits
• The Internship Stipend will be INR 85,000 per month.
• Stipend is payable in accordance with the Company’s standard payroll practice and subject to applicable withholding taxes.
• Flight tickets in economy class (on ward and return for internship).
• The candidates are also eligible for 15 days accommodation and 15 days cab on reimbursement basis.
• Monthly food coupons.
• Free HOH (Home –Office-Home) for duration of internship.
• Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage a program “by the numbers”. Must be metrics-driven.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
• Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented. Proven ability to influence others.
• Understanding of retail businesses highly desired.
AMZR Req ID: 559088
External Company URL: www.amazon.com