ICON Clinical Research Intern in Bogota, Colombia
This is an exciting trainee opportunity to work within a fast paced, busy environment for a leading global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. As a Finance Trainee you have to assist with file management, invoicing, accounts payable and other accounting duties.
• To support the Finance Department with the following tasks:
Analysis of monthly accounting information for local purposes
Input of banking operations and Fixed Assets in local accounting software (Novasoft)
Sales invoices printing and recording in local accounting software (Novasoft)
Organize and file documents of new hires
Fill out forms of new employees regarding health, pension, prepaid medicine, life insurance and Savings Funds.
Prepare Employment Certifications requested by employees.
Request food vouchers in a monthly basis and cards for new hires.
Create binders of new hires, filing all the documents pertinent to their admission.
File incidentals in the payroll folder for month end close, such as: authorized vacations, prepaid medicine reimbursements, language course reimbursement, etc.
• To support the Finance Department with file management:
Receive and stamp all correspondence
Filing of correspondence sent
Revision of local accounting documents before binding
• To provide general support for the Accounts Payable Department:
Printing expense report forms and adding support documentation, revision and filing
Revision of documents and/or invoices before filing
Scanning and upload of invoices in accounting system (Oracle)
• Other duties as assigned
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Either relevant work experience or education in accounting/finance
• Good organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and meticulous attention to detail.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Bilingual: English and Spanish fluency
• Computer literacy: e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Benefits of Working in ICON
Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package that includes an excellent pension scheme, private health care, and life assurance and staff recognition schemes. This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this with you at interview stage.
We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.
Following your application you will be contacted by one of our dedicated recruiters and if successful we will be able to provide you with more details about this opportunity.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.