Charter Communications/Spectrum Spectrum News - Buffalo Internship - Spring 2018 in Buffalo, New York
Spectrum News Buffalo (Western New York) is available on channels 9, 14 and 200 exclusively on Spectrum for customers in Western New York from Buffalo-Niagara to the Genesee Valley and the Southern Tier serving dozens of towns, villages and cities in an 8-county region. Spectrum News Buffalo provides the Buffalo metropolitan and Western New York area with 24-hour local news, politics, features and weather seven days a week.The 24-hour news channel shares content with its sister channels in the Spectrum News Networks family: Spectrum News channels in Albany, Hudson Valley, Rochester and New York City, New York; in Austin and San Antonio, Texas; in Charlotte, Greensboro and Raleigh, North Carolina; in Tampa and Orlando, Florida.SUMMARY: We offer opportunities to students who are motivated and eager to learn about broadcast journalism and gain valuable experience in a newsroom environment. The following departments are looking for interns who will help plan, execute and coordinate various aspects of news media.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reporting Shadow reporters in the field, news writing, interviewing and assisting in the production of news stories.
- Photojournalism Shadow photojournalists in the field, electronic news gathering, lighting and audio and non-linear digital editing.
- Producing Shadow producers, news writing, work with reporters and anchors to determine story form and content, assemble newscasts.
- Sports Shadow sports staff, sports writing, monitor and log sports video, videotape editing.QUALIFICATIONS:Candidates for internships MUST:
- Receive academic credits for the internship assignment.
- Have strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills, leadership and organizational abilities.
- Maintain a professional appearance, be enthusiastic, and have a demonstrated interest in journalism and news.
- Be able to commit to interning approximately 16 hours per week.
- Coursework and previous internship experience in communications, journalism or related field is preferred.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.APPLICATION PROCEDURES:Only applicants who apply online at https://jobs.spectrum.com/ will be considered.Charter supports a drug-free environment
Employer's Job# 205593BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.