National Grid Summer Intern Program, Electrical Engineering, Buffalo in Buffalo, New York
About the Position:
Does working for a leader in the Utilities and Energy industry sound like the professional challenge you are seeking?
National Grid is pleased to offer PAID internships starting May 2018 ending in August 2018 for current college students seeking to gain experience with a world-class organization. Potential participating departments include but are not limited to:
- Ensure capital projects meet time and cost specifications in accordance with the Investment Scheme Procedure.
- Responsible for the design, development of substations ranging from 5kV to 345kV across our service territory.
- Develop a functional relay single line diagrams, AC/DC, electrical schematic and specification of protective equipment for substation engineering projects.
- Develop 5 to 15 year plans for transmission and distribution projects focused on increasing system capacity and reliability.
These positions may be located in New England (Massachusetts & Rhode Island), Downstate New York (Long Island & Brooklyn) or Upstate New York (Syracuse, Albany & Buffalo).
As an intern, you can take advantage of a wide range of technical and operational opportunities. You will acquire critical insight into our company and our industry, and develop valuable networking connections, which will help prepare you for future career opportunities.
Once selected for an internship, you will participate in a broad range of meaningful work experiences that are related to your interest and field of study. Interns will have the opportunity to attend an interactive orientation within the first weeks of hire and participate in networking sessions and lunch & learns with company executives and other interns, as well as volunteer in a community-based event.
Responsibilities will vary based upon your course of study and your assigned business. The successful candidate must be pursuing a college degree and possess excellent problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to gain real work experience then we invite you to apply for one of our summer internships!
Knowledge & Experience Required:
Qualifications for our internship program include:
* 3.0 Cumulative GPA for Undergraduate Students
* 3.2 Cumulative GPA for Graduate Students
* Applicant must have accumulated 18 or more credits and be 18 years of age
* Authorized to work in the United States for the entire duration of the internship
* Registered in school as a full time student
If you possess the outlined job qualifications and have the desire to work in a highly collaborative environment that places great emphasis on team work, customer focus and results, we invite you to visit our career site to submit your resume:
Please be sure to submit your resume to the posting that meets your degree and preferred geographic location(s).
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that value s a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion t hat drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.