The Walt Disney Company WDPR External Communications Internship - Spring 2018 in Burbank, California
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Public Affairs encompasses external, internal, and executive communications, corporate citizenship and government relations. Working with other business segments around the world, the team strives to share the story of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, while also protecting and enhancing our reputation.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit a writing sample. Instructions are listed below under the Additional Information section. Please submit this at the time of application.
The primary focus of this role will be external communications, but this person also will support the various disciplines in Public Affairs with other projects as needed.
A Day in the Life…
• Develop story ideas and content for multiple communication platforms including blog posts, fact sheets, and website
• Provide research and analysis to help with media messaging and briefings
• Monitor traditional and social media and analyze coverage for recaps
• Maintain the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Public Affairs website to ensure it is up-to-date
• Provide overall support for a variety of PA and discipline-specific projects to support overall PA goals
Basic Qualifications :
You bring …
Strong research skills and an understanding of how the news media works
Expertise in social media platforms in a professional or academic setting
Proven self-starter and team player with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
Proficiency with Associated Press writing style
Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Preferred Qualifications :
• Current or former Disney Cast Member
• Previous reporting/writing experience with a student or professional publication in print, television or online media
• Verbal and written fluency with Spanish or Mandarin or French
Required Education :
Currently pursuing (or recently graduated with) a degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communications, or a related major
Minimum 3.0 GPA Required.
Company Overview :
Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Must provide full work availability
Must provide own transportation to/from work
Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are January 2018 through June 2018. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
Additional Information :
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts External Communications Internship, requires a writing sample in order for you to be considered for this role.
Your writing sample topic will be on the subject of how to experience Marvel within Disney Parks and Resorts. These links will take you to various press releases for more information:
Your writing sample must consist of:
• One blog post (approximately 350-400 words)
To upload your writing sample:
• Log into your dashboard at disneyinterns.com
• Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
• Click on the “Attachments” Tab
• Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstNameLastNameWDPR EC Writing Sample
• Select a document type of "Other"
This position also does require you to present a transcript, official or unofficial, to your dashboard.
To upload this document:
Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
Click the link labeled “Upload Résumé”
Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstNameLastNameType (i.e. MickeyMouseTranscripts)
Job ID: 456486BR
Job Posting Company: Disney Parks & Resorts