General Electric Quality Assurance Engineering Intern (Jan 2018, 8 mnths) in Burnaby, British Columbia
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Wurldtech is a subsidiary of GE Digital and we are focused on protecting the critical infrastructure that you rely on in your daily life. We take our job responsibility seriously, love to play with technology, but we also believe in finding the right work-life balance by having flexible work schedules and providing a great collaborative work environment at a convenient downtown location in Vancouver. Being part of the GE family means we are in great company working on solving problems in energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing at a time where increased connectivity is creating new value and new opportunities. We are looking for passionate people to join us and be part of this exciting time as make infrastructure more secure and advance the industries critical to the world we live in.
Want to know what we’re working on at GE Canada? Visit www.gereports.ca
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2016. To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca
GE – imagination at work
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Quality Assurance (QA) Engineering Intern
GE Business: GE Digital
Location: Burnaby, BC
Duration: 8 Months
Anticipated Start Date: January 2018
Number of positions: 1
Reporting to: Director-QA
Application Deadline: September 21, 2017
Bit Stew is seeking a Coop QA Engineer for its growing team. You define and maintain test plan and test cases, execute manual/automated tests, create bug reports for the Bit Stew MIx Core Platform and MIx Applications products. This position reports to the Director of Quality Assurance.
The QA Engineer is responsible for implementing QA processes and making sure it is being followed by the Bit Stew engineering teams. You create and maintain test plans for the different initiatives you are working, develop and execute tests to make sure the applications are behaving as expected, create detailed bug reports and participate in standup SCRUM meetings. You will help bringing quality to the day-to-day software development cycle of Bit Stew’s Mix Core™.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
• Develop accurate and detailed test plans.
• Define and support testing procedures.
• Create and maintain test cases.
• Perform manual and exploratory testing,
• Generating test reports based on testing results.
• Document, track and triage the defects identified.
• Good understanding of agile (sprints/scrums/user stories etc.) methodologies, and familiarity with Test Driven Development (TDD) concepts.
• Defining entrance and exit criteria for each testing cycle.
• Web application testing with some focus in browser compatibility testing.
• Comfortable working on Linux and Windows Platforms.
Do you qualify? We are seeking…
• Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience);
• Some exposure with agile software development values and practices (Scrum Software Development preferred)
• Web-based application testing
• Test case development/execution
• Ability to learn quickly
• Some ability to troubleshoot environment issues
• Excellent written, communication and verbal skills
• Strong team player
• Senior student (in 3rd year of study or above) - College, University Bachelor, or Master Degree in course of completion in Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent related discipline.
• Open to current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term
• Must have completed 1 work term
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining GE.
Locations: Canada; British Columbia; Burnaby
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.