Daimler Trucks North America Intern-Engineering Co-Op (Detroit Remanufacturing East) in Byesville, Ohio
Innovative products begin with talented, highly motivated individuals. Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA), the largest and most diverse company in the North American commercial vehicle market, invites you to join our dynamic, industry-leading workforce. Our world-class portfolio of brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit™ engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis, offers the unique opportunity to follow your passion for automotives in business or technical fields at locations across North America. And when you work for a Daimler company, you join a global network of over 250,000 dedicated employees on 6 continents who share your passion. Apply today and explore the world of Daimler!
Learn and develop critical thinking skills and practical engineering experience through hands-on and project management tasks.
- Initial Co-Op rotation will support Aftermarket engineering personnel with remanufacturing and different quality control systems.
- Future Co-Op rotations (Fall 2017, Winter 2017 and beyond) will support aftermarket engineering as well as other engineering functions throughout the company as appropriate.
- Co-Op engineer intern will learn and develop skills through hands-on experience in a production environment.
- The first rotation will consist of learning our processes and components and developing working relationships with employees.
- All rotations after will consist of more responsibility, increasing each term, and unique projects that will challenge the Co-Op to learn and develop their skill set.
Projects can range from 3D modeling, process/equipment improvements and machine programming (CNC/PLC). The Co-Op will have opportunities to expand their knowledge and be involved with different departments, such as Engineering, Quality, Production and Safety, to support our manufacturing process.
For the first rotation, Summer 2017, July 2017 – September 2017 availability for first rotation. Availability for future Co-op rotations on same alternating 3 month Cadence for the next 3-5 years.
- At least a Freshman in Mechanical Engineering Bachelors program.Must not exceed a Sophomore level in a Bachelor’s program required.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- An attached resume is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office required
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Title: Intern-Engineering Co-Op (Detroit Remanufacturing East)
Requisition ID: DAI00002HS