Shive-Hattery Group Inc. Intern Architect in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Shive-Hattery's Cedar Rapids office has an immediate opening for an entry level intern architect.
- Entry level position and applies to individuals with up to 2 years' experience
- Completion of accredited professional architectural degree program
- Prior experience in an architectural firm preferred
- Basic knowledge of construction documents and technology
- Basic understanding of architectural specifications, international building codes, life safety code and current ADA requirements
- Knowledge of sustainable building design is beneficial
- LEED accreditation a plus
- Qualifications/Proficiencies-motivated and creative professional; able to design with inherent understanding of building systems; able to design projects for high quality public/institutional and private developer clients
- Self-motivated and able to problem-solve independently. Strong working knowledge of Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite and Google SketchUp is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation and design work in drawing, model and 3D image formats
- Production and coordination of construction documents
- Creation of graphical images
- Design and detailing in Revit and AutoCAD design programs
- Attend project and client meetings with project architects
- Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Job Title: Intern Architect
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Job Posting #: 1218