Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Cybersecurity Intern in Chantilly, Virginia
As an Intern Security Consultant for the Kratos Cybersecruity unit, you will be joining a team performing security assessments and providing consulting support to assist clients in meeting FISMA and FedRAMP requirements. You will gain an understanding of how to apply the principles of Information Security in a variety of circumstances and build expertise translating the NIST 800-53 guidelines into common technical implementations.
- Develop Security Authorization Packages that are compliant with FedRAMP and DoD requirements under the supervision of senior staff members. Package components include: System Security Plans, Contingency Plans, Configuration Management Plans, Incident Response Plans, Privacy Impact Assessments, Security Assessment Plans, and Security Assessment Reports.
- Assist in the review and analysis of Security Authorization Packages for completeness and compliance with FedRAMP and DoD requirements.
- Participate in client interviews to complete Security Authorization Packages and Security Assessments.
- Ensure existing systems Security Authorization Packages remain up to date throughout the life cycle.
- Provide review and analysis of vulnerability scan results from tools such as Nessus, Qualys, AppDetective, WebInspect, IBM AppScan, Burp Suite, etc.
Experience and Skills:
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant discipline.
- Have a technical understanding of networks, protocols, security configurations, identity and access management, and the systems development life cycle.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated skills in the entire Microsoft desktop suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Ability to travel 25%.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Registered as a student at a College or University
Job Tracking ID: KTTS-17-110
Location: Chantilly, VA
Job Type: Internship
Date Updated: April 21, 2017
Job Level: Student/Internship
Number of Openings: 4
Years of Experience: College graduated
Level of Education: Some College
Starting Date: ASAP