VMware Deal Desk Associate Intern in Cork, Ireland
Start date: March 2018
Location: Cork, Ireland
The EMEA Deal Operations team is responsible for supporting the ELA (Enterprise License Agreements) through standard flow process, from opportunity to booking stages in partnership with the account team. The team consists of three sub-regional teams (Northern, Southern & Central) co-located between Cork campus in Ballincollig and our India operations centre.
The Standard Workflow, managed by the Deal Operations team, supports establishing ELA Structures & the application of a Deal Desk playbook to solve more complex ELA transactions from inception to booking.
Deal Desk will review all Commercial, Business, Legal & Revenue requirements, to support the Field achieve the most favorable ELA construct for VMware, while delivering the most optimal customer solution.
Key responsibilities of the Analyst include:
• Partner with the existing Deal Desk team to assist in scoping, configuration and pricing of Enterprise License Agreement (ELA) quotes.
• Understand and comply with the published sales and business approval policies (Rev’Up and 3P’s), including deal scoring and approval Matrix.
• Be a sales advocate & partner to internal organizations to understand sales issues. Collaborate with impacted parties to identify acceptable options to facilitate deal closures
• Managing and tracking deal progression using Case Management Tool (SFDC/SalesForce)
• Special projects as needed
• Previous software industry, deal desk, Finance, Operations or pricing experience an advantage
• Primary degree in commerce, business information systems or equivalent
• Experience with software revenue recognition principles (SOP 97-2) an advantage
• Must be a self-starter, highly analytical, with sound decision-making skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritise at times of high volume e.g Quarter-End
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; must be able to work well with sales as well as internal departments such as finance and legal
• Intermediate MS Excel skills required (macros and pivot tables an advantage)
• Fluency in English is essential and other languages is a plus (French, Italian & Spanish)
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.