Experian Software Engineer Intern in Costa Mesa, California
Job Description - Software Engineer Intern (171061)
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Software Engineer Intern-Job Number:171061
What does it take to protect and maintain the most sensitive data for over 220 million people and 25 million businesses? What does it take to meet daunting challenges and shape solutions that pioneer industries and improve lives? At Experian, we are the trusted power behind data and the leading global information services company, providing everything from fraud and identity protection, to data analytics and credit scores. Our products help decision-making for consumers and businesses alike.
With operations stretching globally, Experian is 17,000 people strong, supporting clients and operations in more than 80 countries. Generating nearly $5 billion in revenue annually, Experian is primed for growth and searching for the most talented and innovative people to join our family and take us to new heights.
Experian’s Consumer Services (ECS) group is defining the next Big Data thing for consumers.
What could be more exciting – personally and professionally – than being part of a disruptive business? Consider starting your career with the industry’s best by joining the Leader that continues to disrupt the competition. As the market leader, we pride ourselves on building new markets and leading the pack through continuous evolution and innovation. It’s a position ECS has enjoyed for more than a decade and we aren’t looking to stop now.
Experian’s Engineering team is seeking a Software Engineer Intern to help develop and bring cutting edge products to the market. The Software Intern will help build our next cutting edge web application which will allow consumers to purchase a variety of Experian's products and services. The ideal candidate should be well rounded, self-motivated, willing to learn multiple technologies and frameworks and enjoy fast paced development cycles.
• Collaborate in the design and implementation of our world-class web application
• Develop angularJS modules and processes to achieve product delivery milestones
• Develop and maintain microservices using Java - JCR, Spring, Junit, Mockito and NodeJS
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code
• Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
• Work in a small, tight-knit team
• Communicate with team members and stakeholders to clarify technical requirements
• Experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms.
• Experience using cloud services, such as AWS
• Academic/Project experience in web tier and middle tier development with object-oriented programming experience with Java, NodeJS and python
• Academic/Project Experience with RESTful APIs.
• Knowledge with W3C standard & browser compatibility best practices
• Knowledge with multithreaded programming and concurrency control
• Self-motivated and can work independently as well as in a team, capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships and comfortable in a team leadership capacity
• Excellent communication and analytical skills with demonstrated detail orientation.
• Attention to quality and detail
Job:Marketing, Product & Communications
Primary Location:United States-California-Costa Mesa
Job Posting:06/12/2017, 10:33:10 PM
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Experian to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. All employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner designed to ensure that employees and applicants for employment are not subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting and/or recruitment advertising and selection for hire. As part of the company’s equal employment opportunity and affirmative action policy, Experian will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
Experian is committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where Experian applicants and employees are treated with respect and dignity. This policy is in accordance with State and Federal laws and reaffirms our company’s continuing commitment to both the spirit and intent of Equal Employment Opportunity laws and policies.
Experian provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com or 714-830-5022. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Experian will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Experian.