Sony Pictures Entertainment Associate Business Analyst Intern—Corporate IT, BRM, Fall 2017 Internship in Culver City, California
Associate Business Analyst Intern—Corporate IT, BRM, Fall 2017 Internship
The Associate Business Analyst Intern will join the Corporate IT, Business Relationship Management team. This team is responsible for partnering with our business groups to strategically develop SPE applications to meet business needs. Our primary responsibility is to engage with various business entities as subject matter experts and provide business analysis and guidance on our applications portfolio and process optimization. Our team also runs enterprise IT projects supporting systems used company wide such as ServiceNow and Identity Access Management.
• Participate in active projects
- (expected projects to be IAMSPE (identity & access management @ SPE) ServiceNow platform upgrade)
• Document functional requirements for enhancements to applications
• Support, create and develop business process changes and improvements
• Participate in various testing cycles in the SDLC process including unit and system integration testing
• Engage with stakeholders to conduct User Acceptance Testing
• Conduct data analysis on Identity data within SPE
• Work with onshore and offshore teams to communicate customer requirements
• Create Release Notes and update Training materials
The intern will gain experience/exposure to the following:
• Learn how to documents business requirements
• Understand the software development lifecycle process within Sony Pictures
• Learn how to balance competing priorities
• Understand business applications such as ServiceNow and SailPoint IIQ
• Communicating with stakeholders of various levels
• When available, participate in formal training sessions (eg, Agile, Kanban)
• Enrollment in an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship is required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Works well in a team and individually
• Has a good attention to detail
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office tools such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience using Microsoft Visio and/or Project would be a plus however is not required.
• Interest in software development
• Demonstrated interest in Information Technology
SPE’s Fall Intern 2017 Program is a 12-week part-time program from September 25-December 15, 2017. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited degree program for the entire duration of their internship and must be available for the full 12 week session.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
- Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.