Sony Pictures Entertainment Business Intelligence Intern-Content Protection, 2017 in Culver City, California
Business Intelligence Intern-Content Protection, 2017
The Content Protection Group is responsible for protecting SPE content within the physical and digital spaces through global enforcement, education to industry stakeholders, litigation measures, and through policy and advocacy efforts.
The Business Intelligence (B.I.) Intern will support data analytics projects under the supervision of Content Protection management. Tasks will include but are not limited to:
• Analyzing trends in entertainment consumption and technological mediums for consumption (both legitimate and illegitimate)
• Aggregating and synthesizing content protection data
• Managing and building upon various dashboards and reports, specifically within Tableau
• Preparing highlights of content protection data to present to internal and external stakeholders
The B.I. Intern will get valuable real world experience in using analytical skills to educate upper management, various business units across SPE, other industry stakeholders, and third parties. This individual will also have the opportunity to accompany team members to meetings, presentations, and other discussions across SPE about protecting intellectual property assets.
• Quick learner who is self-motivated, well organized, and detail-oriented
• Proven qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
• Experience with visual analytics software, Tableau required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Solid knowledge of the MS Office suite, especially Excel
• Knowledge or experience in consumer research, data scientist projects, analytical roles, or the like
• Business, Research, I.S. or I.T. background
• Interest and enthusiasm for making sense of the data and how it can help SPE business
SPE’s Fall Intern 2017 Program is a 12-week part-time program from September 25-December 15, 2017. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited degree program for the entire duration of their internship and must be available for the full 12 week session.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
- Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.