Sony Pictures Entertainment GMS IT Support Intern, IT Productions & Studio Technical Services, Fall 2017 Internship in Culver City, California
GMS IT Support Intern, IT Productions & Studio Technical Services, Fall 2017 Internship
GMS IT Support is responsible for providing IT support to Global Mastering & Servicing (GMS) and Asset Management (AM). GMS IT provides business process analysis, project-based application and process enhancements, along with break-fix application support. Our development team is comprised of both on and off-shore resources.
GMS and AM manage SPE’s library and distribution operations for all of Sony Pictures Entertainment’s post-theatrical business lines. The division provides services related to the preservation and restoration of assets, mastering and foreign language creation, content manipulation, and file and tape-based delivery to worldwide clients.
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Supporting the project managers as they define, test & deploy functionality for existing & new systems
• Defining functional requirements for new requests & enhancements
• Supporting KLO activities for existing applications
• Supporting Scrum Masters as the team transitions from a Waterfall to Agile methodology
Intern will gain experience / exposure to the following:
• Investigating new technologies & solutions while maintaining existing applications
• Reporting tools Business Objects and Tableau; IT management tools ServiceNow and Jira
• Interacting with business customers and diverse IT groups at SPE
• Software development using Agile methodologies and automated regression testing
• Strong service orientation and focus; good verbal and written communication skills
• Experience creating business & technical requirement documents
• Good working knowledge of common technical platforms
• Ability to implement solutions for difficult software problems involving custom programming and software development
• Ability to be flexible and deal with changes both internal and external to the organization
• Ability to work independently to accomplish tasks that require coordination between multiple resources
• Basic understanding of SDLC, Agile, project management and customer satisfaction measurement methodologies a plus
SPE’s Fall Intern 2017 Program is a 12-week part-time program from September 25-December 15, 2017. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited degree program for the entire duration of their internship and must be available for the full 12 week session.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
- Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.