Sony Pictures Entertainment Information Governance Intern - Corporate - Information Security, Fall 2017 in Culver City, California
Information Governance Intern - Corporate - Information Security, Fall 2017
The Information Security department manages overall information security risks posed to the company. The department provides multiple services to support all SPE lines of business. Our team focuses on Information Governance, Privacy, and Information Security Awareness and Training programs and initiatives.
• Implement appropriate governance frameworks, policies and processes for information management activities in order to manage risk appropriately;
• Improve overall management of data, with more efficient retrieval of retained data, meet legal and business data retention obligations; and enable defensible disposition of redundant data;
• Influence selection of new technology, appropriate to security, legal, compliance and business needs; and enable decommission of system applications
• Maintain the inventory of personal information assets in order to property determine the scope of privacy regulations
• Facilitate with other stakeholders in order to manage privacy compliance assessment programs
• Perform information security and privacy impact assessments for new technologies
Training & Awareness Program
• Educate and raise awareness of SPE employees of their roles and responsibilities to safeguard and protect SPE corporate data and information
The candidate will work alongside the Information Governance teams as well as team members from information technology, legal, and various business groups to support our privacy and training & awareness initiatives and programs.
The primary ISAT responsibilities of the intern will include assisting with 1) launch and delivery of SPE White Shirts program, our security awareness champions program; 2) creation and rollout of security awareness events like National Cyber Security Awareness Month, and Phishing Training Campaigns; 3) launch of new compliance training course and development of training videos & courses; 4) tracking metrics that support program goals; 5) working with Corporate Communications on timely, concise messages.
The primary Privacy responsibilities of the intern will include: 1)assisting with GDPR compliance activities; 2) implementation of privacy management framework; 3) participating in privacy impact assessments.
The intern will gain practical, relevant experience on software applications used to run Phishing awareness campaigns, compliance training; and manage enterprise governance, risk and compliance (eGRC); learn how behavioral change can happen within a company culture; learn about reporting metrics and messaging for various levels in the organization; learn the role that awareness and training plays in protecting company information, technology and people; learn about global privacy laws and regulations that impact business organizations.
• General interest in education & training, human behavior, and changing habits of a culture.
• General awareness and interest in cyber security risks & trending threats.
• General awareness and interest in privacy
• Well-developed interpersonal communication, oral, written and presentation skills); the ability to disseminate information in a clear, professional manner
• Use of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Visio, Project and SharePoint
• Ability to prepare systems and process documentation with the use of flow charts and narration
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Background and/or interest in information security training & awareness, privacy and/or information governance
SPE’s Fall Intern 2017 Program is a 12-week part-time program from September 25-December 15, 2017. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited degree program for the entire duration of their internship and must be available for the full 12 week session.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
- Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.