Sony Pictures Entertainment Information Governance Intern - Corporate - Information Security, Fall 2017 in Culver City, California
Information Governance Intern - Corporate - Information Security, Fall 2017
The Information Security department manages overall information security risks posed to the company. The department provides multiple services to support all SPE lines of business. Our team focuses on Information Governance, Privacy, and Information Security Awareness and Training programs and initiatives.
• Implement appropriate governance frameworks, policies and processes for information management activities in order to manage risk appropriately;
• Improve overall management of data, with more efficient retrieval of retained data, meet legal and business data retention obligations; and enable defensible disposition of redundant data;
• Influence selection of new technology, appropriate to security, legal, compliance and business needs; and enable decommission of system applications
• Implement and manage data loss protection program
• Maintain the inventory of personal information assets in order to property determine the scope of privacy regulations
• Facilitate with other stakeholders in order to manage privacy compliance assessment programs
• Perform information security and privacy impact assessments for new technologies
Training & Awareness Program
• Educate and raise awareness of SPE employees of their roles and responsibilities to safeguard and protect SPE corporate data and information
The candidate will work alongside the Information Governance teams as well as team members from information technology, legal, and various business groups to support our information governance and data loss prevention (DLP) initiatives and programs.
The primary DLP responsibilities of the intern will include assisting with ongoing activities for the Data At Rest (DAR) and Data In Use (DIU) programs including, metrics and reporting, testing, file share reconciliation, presentation preparation, and interaction with data custodians.
The primary Information Governance responsibilities of the intern will include assisting with: 1) information asset identification, collection and classification, business impact assessments, tracking and reporting; 2) data retention and disposition assignment, reviews and updates; 3) information security management system (ISMS) implementation.
The intern will gain practical, relevant experience on data loss prevention tools and processes, information classification, business impact assessments, and risk management; use of governance, risk and compliance (eGRC); learn about reporting metrics and messaging for various levels in the organization; learn about global retention laws and regulations that impact business organizations.
• Well-developed interpersonal communication, oral, written and presentation skills; the ability to disseminate information in a clear, professional manner
• Use of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Visio, Project and SharePoint
• Ability to prepare systems and process documentation with the use of flow charts and narration
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Background and/or interest in information security and information governance
SPE’s Fall Intern 2017 Program is a 12-week part-time program from September 25-December 15, 2017. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited degree program for the entire duration of their internship and must be available for the full 12 week session.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
- Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.