Sony Pictures Entertainment Legal Intern—Sony Pictures Classics Business and Legal Affairs, Fall 2017 Internship in Culver City, California
Legal Intern—Sony Pictures Classics Business and Legal Affairs, Fall 2017 Internship
We provide legal and business affairs support for Sony Pictures Classics. This includes contract negotiations, document review, legal research and analysis, marketing clearances, and advising on various legal issues affecting acquisition, distribution, and marketing of SPC films.
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Review and summarize chain of title documentation for film acquisitions
• Analyze and revise certain agreements during the course of the internship
• Evaluate marketing materials, to determine any potential legal issues and ensure contract compliance
• Update and review SPC’s picture files, including scanning, logging, and re-filing SPC’s most important documents while reviewing to ensure compliance with our current business practices, particularly with respect to privacy issues and digital exploitation
• Review and apply information from SPC’s files to our company’s administrative programs (i.e., GPMS, etc.) to ensure the most up-to-date information on our films
• Attend and participate in any relevant department meetings
• Provide additional support for any special projects that arise during the course of the internship
The intern will gain experience/exposure to the following:
• Entertainment law, particularly with respect to independent film and acquisitions
• Intellectual property rights and general contract negotiation and enforcement
• A legal department within the studio setting
• Enrollment in an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship is required, and should be a law student or pre-law undergraduate.
• An interest and understanding of legal issues and language will make this internship more valuable and exciting.
• Organized, thorough, and analytical, as well as a self-starter, as this project will require work with minimal oversight.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
SPE’s Fall Intern 2017 Program is a 12-week part-time program from September 25-December 15, 2017. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited degree program for the entire duration of their internship and must be available for the full 12 week session.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
- Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.