Sony Pictures Entertainment PAS Intern – PSTS, Fall 2017 Internship in Culver City, California
PAS Intern – PSTS, Fall 2017 Internship
PAS is responsible for support of all IT applications and initiatives that support the production process from Creative through Post Production. Included in that is the Business Intelligence analysis and reporting needs of the Executive users.
The intern will be a Business Intelligence Analyst to support the ongoing initiative to:
• Establish a BI infrastructure for our key business stakeholders: MP Production Finance, MP Business Affairs, MP Finance
• Create Data Visualizations to fulfill the needs of the business users
Train users on utilizing BI and Data Visualization tools and foster an understanding of the efficiencies and enhanced analysis these tools provide for their core operations in order to continually expand its use.
The intern will Learn:
• Gain experience learning and using Tableau, Alteryx, in the delivery of Data Visualizations
• Analyze, clean and prepare data for use by the data visualization tool
• Create materialized views for optimized performance of data visualizations
• Create algorithms for predicative analytics
• Learn about the Motion Pictures production process and the key indicators of financial and operational performance
• Post Grad Degree or pursuing a degree in Computer Science and/or Data Analytics/Informatics
• Experience with Algorithm Design, Statistical Data Analysis, Data Mining, Database Management
• R, PL/SQL
SPE’s Fall Intern 2017 Program is a 12-week part-time program from September 25-December 15, 2017. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited degree program for the entire duration of their internship and must be available for the full 12 week session.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
- Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.