Sony Pictures Entertainment Procurement Transformation Intern—Sony Pictures Entertainment, Summer 2017 Internship in Culver City, California
Procurement Transformation Intern—Sony Pictures Entertainment, Summer 2017 Internship
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) Procurement function manages company wide purchases and strives to maximize the value of purchases by negotiating deals ensuring optimal pricing, reduced risks and enhanced innovation for the company.
SPE Procurement is currently driving a source-to-pay transformation program that focuses on streamlining various processes and systems that are used by the company to support end-to-end purchase transactions. The program covers two projects: 1. Outsourcing a portion of procurement operations and 2. Migrating from the current on-premise purchasing solution to a cloud-based purchasing platform.
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Spend Data Analysis—Analyze spend and supplier data to identify opportunities for cost savings
• Review internal processes and policies and provide recommendations for improvement and optimization
• Develop process maps
• Assist in developing and managing a centralized pricing and term database
• Assist in program management of Source-to-Pay Transformation
The intern will gain experience/exposure to the following:
• Various aspects of Source-to-Pay lifecycle including business processes and technology solutions
• Various analytics and process designing techniques
• Aspects of project and change management
college/university for the duration of the internship is required
• Passion and focus on solving business problems
• Strong analytics and problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Good MS Office skills - Excel and Powerpoint
• Management and/or IT background
SPE’s Fall Intern 2017 Program is a 12-week part-time program from September 25-December 15, 2017. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited degree program for the entire duration of their internship and must be available for the full 12 week session.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
- Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.