Texas Instruments Quality Engineering Intern in Dallas, Texas
Job ID 20070BR
Job Posting Title Quality Engineering Intern
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job -
Here's your chance to work as part of a dynamic and challenging engineering team on the latest semiconductor technology. This engineer will have significant exposure to multiple engineering disciplines, making this an excellent base for future career progression.
Many projects will provide the opportunity for learning semiconductor wafer fab and assembly processing while interfacing with design engineering, product engineering, test engineering and quality engineering groups. Selected candidates will be assigned to one of several important, but different roles:
• Fab Quality Assurance Engineer - Responsibilities could include: frequent analysis of fab process control data, review, release and assist in the troubleshooting of fab processes; participate and assist in managing local audit programs; verify conformance of manufactured IC devices and process materials to relevant TI and customer specifications.
• Failure Analysis Engineer - Responsibilities could include: perform failure analysis on products to determine the root cause of failure; work in cross-functional teams to resolve analysis issues; provide progress reports of analysis as well as a final written report of analysis and findings; and meet cycle time and success rate metrics established for customer satisfaction and quality team success.
• Customer Quality Engineer - Responsibilities could include: manage customer returns and use TI tools to provide frequent status updates to affected customers; work effectively with test, design, product and planning engineers, regional quality engineers, regional planners, regional technical sales representatives and marketing representatives to solve customer challenges and provide answers.
Put your talent to work with us as a Quality Engineer – change the world, love your job!
• Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical & Computer Engineering
• Minimum Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA, or higher
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Coursework providing knowledge and background in semiconductor processing, process control methodology and/or device failure analysis.
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Co-Op - New
Minimum Education Level HS Graduate or Equivalent
Related Field(s) of Study
Electrical & Computer Engineer
Minimum Years of Experience 0
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.