Riverside Community Care Community Based Social Work Internship in Dedham, Massachusetts
Seeking 1st or 2nd year Master’s level intern to join our team as a Community Based Social Work Intern. Master’s level students currently pursuing Social Work, Counseling, or related field preferred. This internship offers a diverse experience working in our Collaborative Care Management Program working with various community-based programs. You will have the opportunity to work directly with consumers ages 18+ as well as having the opportunity to be a part of a growing team advocating for integration between physical and behavioral health services for our consumers in and around the Greater Boston and suburban areas.
Schedule: Flexible Mon-Fri (16-24 hours per week)
As a Community Based Social Work Intern, you will:
- Enroll new referrals and communicate with referral sources and collateral contacts as needed
- Participate in weekly group and individual supervisions, as well as monthly all staff meetings
- Work with a minimum of 3-4 consumers per week at a community-based location or at a Riverside site
- Be responsible for documenting interventions with consumers and organizing related paperwork
- Attend regular team meetings with staff and consumers and their collateral providers
- Have access to additional free trainings at Riverside Community Care and from our community partners
- Mileage will be reimbursed at a competitive rate
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for someone who has the desire to gain more practical experience within the health and human services field are comfortable working with people with acute psychiatric diagnoses, various stages of recovery from substance use disorders and with need for connection to community resources. Here at Riverside Community Care we take pride in our employees for being compassionate, respectful and innovative. If you are ready to be part of a team that puts people first then you are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Bachelor’s Degree in related mental health field required
- Current enrollment in a Master’s degree program requiring internship experience
- Individuals with lived experience are encouraged to apply
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
Tracking Code: 1741-709
Job Location: Dedham, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Intern