HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Intern - Surgical Orthopedics in Denton, Texas
Medical City Denton’s Nurse Residency Program curriculum is based on latest evidence - based practice. This program is designed to help newly licensed Registered Nurses with less than one year of experience successfully transition to bedside practice. The program is one year in length and includes:
· 12 weeks of Orientation including didactic lectures, dynamic case studies, hands on skills exercises and precepted clinical time
· Monthly debriefing meetings with a focus on leadership, patient safety and professional development
· Breakfast with the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO)
· Celebration for internship graduation and one year graduation
Graduate Nurse / GN / Nurse Resident
Start Date: October 2017
Medical City Denton’s Surgical Orthopedics, or Surgical Ortho , is a 44-bed unit for patients who require overnight or short term postoperative care. The Surgical/Orthopedic unit specializes in the care of general surgery patients including but not limited to abdominal, orthopedic, vascular, urology, and trauma. / /
The RN – Registered Nurse – Surgical Orthopedics – Surgical Ortho is responsible for decisions and actions within the domain of nursing practice. Important aspects of this responsibility are:
· promotion of a safe and therapeutic environment for both the recipients and providers of nursing care
· acquisition of specialized knowledge skills and additional formal education to provide specialized care
· demonstration and validation of competence in nursing practice
· clinical practice consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of this facility
· supervision of other staff as designated within the department
**ADN Required; Enroll in BSN program 6 months after hire date and obtain BSN with 24 months
**PLEASE NOTE: It is requirement to have an RN license upon starting the internship. GN's will need to have taken and passed the boards before beginning the internship.
Once you apply, the Recruiter will forward you a video questionnaire to complete. This will be sent to the Hiring Manager. The Manager will then select the candidates that they will bring onsite for interviews in the department.
Required Job Qualifications include:
Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
Title: RN Intern - Surgical Orthopedics
Location: Texas-Denton-Denton Regional Medical Center - Denton
Requisition ID: 06251-91060