Daimler Trucks North America Intern - Gobal Lifecycle Management in Detroit, Michigan
Innovative products begin with talented, highly motivated individuals. Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA), the largest and most diverse company in the North American commercial vehicle market, invites you to join our dynamic, industry-leading workforce. Our world-class portfolio of brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit™ engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis, offers the unique opportunity to follow your passion for automotives in business or technical fields at locations across North America. And when you work for a Daimler company, you join a global network of over 250,000 dedicated employees on 6 continents who share your passion. Apply today and explore the world of Daimler!
Global Lifecycle Management steers all powertrain technical changes to improve cost & quality and fulfill market requirements. We are seeking candidates interested in project management in a manufacturing environment.
- Generate monthly KPIs designed to monitor Lifecycle Management team activity (e.g., how many measures have been implemented on time, how many Engineering releases have been made on time, report project parts status, etc.).
- Facilitate Vendor Tooling /Asset Management activities (e.g., lead team meetings, prepare asset relocation/disposition forms, etc.)
- Attend cross functional meetings with cross functional team representatives to discuss pertinent implementation topics (e.g., discuss implementation timing for an upcoming cost reduction measure or preparation of project quality gate and status reviews).
- Support other team members in various assignments that occur throughout the course of normal business. (e.g., develop tracking timelines for small projects, update build plans for try-out engines, etc.).
- Ensure communication channels remain open between different departments regarding running projects (e.g., ensure all parties are informed).
- Conduct meetings. Document and follow up on action items.
- Prepare presentations for management (e.g., provide KPI overview or parts tracking status).
Follow up on parts readiness within the global Daimler Trucks organization.
Minimum Junior level in a Bachelors Program or higher (or have graduated within the last 12 months) required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- An attached resume is required
- Pursuing a degree in Project Management, Engineering, Business, or related required
- Full time availability, 40 hours week required
- Proficient MS Office skills (Excel & Power Point) required
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Excellent organizational and planning skills required
- High level of commitment and reliability required
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team-oriented environment required
- Independent worker required
- Proactive approach to problem solving required
- Self-starter required
- Positive attitude required
- Availability from August 2017 to January 2018 required
- Prior work experience (e.g., prior internship) preferred
- Working towards a technical degree (e.g., mechanical engineering, industrial engineering or management) preferred
- Prior experience in project management is preferred
- Basic understanding of diesel engines is preferred
- Experience within the Daimler organization is preferred
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Title: Intern - Gobal Lifecycle Management
Requisition ID: DAI00002HQ