Volvo Group Intern: Delivery Precision (Fall 2017) in Dublin, Virginia
Intern: Delivery Precision (Fall 2017)
· Help to analyze the order to delivery process in order to improve delivery of finished goods
· Review reports from Co-pilot and supporting systems to evaluate detail and enter into Outbound Team Web-site
· Maintain close contact with Engineering group to evaluate open order status and report
· Works with Sales group, gathering information on Un-worked orders, long lead time orders and TSCO’s to be discussed in daily meetings
· Reviews Delivery Team history log sheet and updates as necessary.
· Communicates with appropriate department i.e. Engineering, Materials, Sales and Production on open Deliver Precision Team action log items that need updating or closing
· Document daily Material Issues causing trucks not to ship on time and present findings weekly
· Work with Production and Off-line team members in order to optimize flow of vehicles to improve delivery and reduce depth of process
· Aid in analyzing root cause to improve delivery of finished products
· Creation of Power Point presentation with graphs and charts as needed by the D.P.A. Team
· Other items as needed for support of Inbound / Outbound SchedulingTeam.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A. Currently Enrolled in a 4 year College for a Business / Engineering Degree and have completed over 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship. Minimum GPA 3.0
B. Ability to convey information through oral and written communication.
C. Proficient in computer literacy such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
D. Analytical and conceptual thinking skills including utilizing a well ordered approach to solving problems
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses the production of state-of-the-art products for the truck brands of the Volvo Group, as well as Volvo Group engines and transmissions, through an international world class industrial environment.
With Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
Travel Required (Maximum)
Last application date