Marriott University Intern-Europe in Firenze, Italy
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests well-being, and we re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Offers hands-on experience in the exciting world of hotel operations and hospitality, necessary to prepare for and develop a career path within Marriott International's portfolio of brands.
University or Hotel School undergraduates specializing and studying in hospitality related fields will be preferred for certain internship positions, and for more specialist disciplines, for example those students pursuing business or similar related courses, consideration is also given for those related internship opportunities.
Supporting the team in their daily operational work, as well as the development and planning of the department.
- During the internship, the intern will support the Executive Housekeeper, will get acquainted with the company s standards and the organization of the division. He/she will check that all the rooms follow the standards and will support the Executive Housekeeper in the management of the department s resources. This position will help the candidate to improve the capability of personnel management, and to have a wide overview on the whole company, since it is the department that the more communicates with the others.
We expect that an intern should:
- Pleasant and positive professional image at all time
- Demonstrate initiative at all times
- Show strong desire to improve on skills and knowledge
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong command of English in both.
- Education: Professional Certification (University Degree, Hotel School Diploma)
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Management Development Programs/Intern
Organization: St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Requisition ID: 17001MHN