Daimler Trucks North America Parts Controlling - Intern in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Innovative products begin with talented, highly motivated individuals. Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA), the largest and most diverse company in the North American commercial vehicle market, invites you to join our dynamic, industry-leading workforce. Our world-class portfolio of brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit™ engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis, offers the unique opportunity to follow your passion for automotives in business or technical fields at locations across North America. And when you work for a Daimler company, you join a global network of over 250,000 dedicated employees on 6 continents who share your passion. Apply today and explore the world of Daimler!
This position will support Aftermarket Controlling and Aftermarket Business Unit in roll-out of multiple strategic initiatives currently pursued by the Business Unit. The intern will play an active role in gathering data and preparing analysis of parts sales to evaluate the impact of on-going initiatives. The intern will also support processing of Direct Ship orders by addressing various vendor invoicing issues. This is a 6-month full-time internship (Summer/Fall 2017).
- Support analysis of multiple strategic initiatives by pulling required data, updating financial models and preparing status updates.
- Support Direct Ship initiative via the following tasks:
(a) Vendor EDI & I-DOC error resolution
(b) Vendor Performance Reporting
(c) Review and processing of invoices stuck in Paragon error queues
(d) Working the parked vendor PO’s/invoices list
(e) Working on resolution of post tickets (for dealers)
- Perform daily parts sales calculation and reporting; research deviations;
- Perform DTNA required internal control system (ICS) testing and documentation;
Assist with various other projects to support Aftermarket Business Unit or others in AM Controlling group
Minimum Senior level in a Bachelors Program or higher (or have graduated within the last 12 months) required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- An attached resume is required
- Pursuing a degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Related required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Word skills required
- Detail oriented required
- Good problem solving and analytical skills required
- Availability from July to December required
- Knowledge/experience with SAP or any programming language preferred
- Experience working with large amounts of data preferred
- Graduate students preferred
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Title: Parts Controlling - Intern
Requisition ID: DAI00002HG