Edwards Lifesciences Engineering Intern, R&D - Transcatheter Heart Valve in Irvine, California
The M3 development group is responsible for developing a system to treat the mitral valve in cases of Mitral Regurgitation (MR). The intern person accepting this assignment will be a key technical contributor on a small, fast-moving product development team.
The main responsibilities for this assignment is for testing of the devices and building models to adequately simulate the human anatomy. It is essential to be innovative and proactive.
The person accepting this position will:
Gain a fundamental understanding and practice on mitral valve anatomy and disease.
Learn Research and development from concept incubation to materialization process.
Gain knowledge of how a new product must perform, identifying strengths and weaknesses in the current design concept and make recommendations.
• Students of all levels pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering are preferred.
• Currently enrolled as a student for the duration of the internship project. Graduating August 2017 or later.
• Available for full-time for the duration of the summer. Specific dates flexible depending on school schedule.
• Engineering student in junior year or higher grade level with solid engineering fundamentals and anatomical knowledge.
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Proficiency in MS Word, PPT, and Excel
• Excellent communication skills
• CAD skills (SolidWorks or Pro-E)
• Strong interest in pursuing relevant industry experience within the healthcare and medical devices industry a plus.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 10,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life. Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Title: Engineering Intern, R&D - Transcatheter Heart Valve Location: USA-USA-California - Irvine Job Number: 011219