Allegiant Travel Company INTERN - TAX ACCOUNTING in Las Vegas, Nevada
What does a Tax Accounting Intern do for Allegiant?
The Accounting intern will directly support the Accounting department in their daily responsibilities and duties of Allegiant Travel Company.
What are some of the responsibilities of a*Tax Accounting Intern*?
- Assist with preparation and filing of federal and state income tax returns
- Assist with maintenance of tax depreciation records.
- Prepare and file sales tax and other non-income based tax returns and related schedules.
- Prepare and perform account reconciliations for the monthly closing process.
- Other duties as assigned
What are the minimum requirements to be a Tax Accounting Intern?
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university, with preference given to candidates that will have completed at least two (2) years of university-level coursework. Relevant coursework includes: accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill essential
- Sound problem solving and structured yet unconstrained thinking capability valuable
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
TERM OF INTERNSHIP*:*
Semesters & Terms:
Fall/Winter: (approximately Sept-Dec)
Winter/Spring: (approximately Jan-Apr)
Summer: (approximately May-Aug)
Exact dates to be determined
- Interns may work between 15 and 40 hours per week depending on class schedule and credits received
- Interns, their spouse, parents, domestic partner, or travel companion & any eligible unmarried dependent children under the age of 21, of the intern will receive unlimited, space available, individual flight privileges on Allegiant Air (all fees waived) for the term of the internship
- No medical or similar benefits are provided
What Additional Knowledge and skills are needed to be a Tax Accounting Intern?
- Basic computer skills
- Microsoft Excel (or significant computer programming) proficiency strongly desired
- Ability to create spreadsheet models and produce relevant outputs is extremely advantageous
- Interest/experience in accounting, business, and/or finance advantageous
What are the physical requirements of a Tax Accounting Intern?
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Allegiant Travel Company commits to making a reasonable accommodation to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified veterans, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the conduct of its business. In determining the extent of its obligation, Allegiant Travel Company will consider business necessity and financial costs and expenses, among other factors.
Allegiant Travel Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military service status, protected veterans, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Allegiant supports a healthy, non-smoking work environment.
Requisition Number: 17-0439
Title: INTERN - TAX ACCOUNTING
Job Family: Accounting/Finance/Revenu
Location: Corporate Headquarters (Las Vegas)
City: Las Vegas
Job Type: Intern
DOT Regulated: No