Vanderbilt University Medical Center Patient Services Rep-Internal Medicine Clinic in Nashville, Tennessee
Provides customer service, including telephone etiquette, cash management, schedules appointments, processes insurance updates and conducts patient check in/out according to the Standard Clinical Operating Model with regular guidance.
Demonstrates on-stage behavior in all settings viewed by patients or visitors.
Demonstrates off-stage behavior in all settings when representing the department.
Demonstrates the ability to conduct patient check-in and check-out according to the standard process.
Schedules appointments through clinical communication or direct request.
Provides positive first impressions with utilizing customer service skills.
Ensures point of service collections.
Manages reception area, maintains orderly appearance of reception area; ensures method for accountability of each patient check-in; proactively communicates appointment updates with patients.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (NOVICE): - A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of customers, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
PATIENT DOCUMENTATION (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): - The ability to receive and record patient information.
CLERICAL/ADMINISTRATIVE (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): - Clerical/Administration is a skill which includes most clerical and administrative functions typically carried out by secretaries, administrators and others who perform a clerical role. Among the duties are: Ad Hoc Reporting, Calendar Maintenance, Data Entry, Document Duplication, Document Filing and Maintenance, Document Preparation, Employee Record Maintenance, Employee Time Recording, Faxing and Electronic Mailing, Inventory Management, Mail Sorting and Distribution, Meeting Coordination and Scheduling, Message Management, Receptionist Tasks, Special Projects, Spreadsheet Preparation, Travel Arrangements, and Word Processing and Typing.
Organizational Impact: Performs clearly defined tasks and methods described in detail to achieve standardized solutions that impact own performance with regular guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Follows a well established process to solve routine problems where solutions are clearly prescribed.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has basic job knowledge of systems and procedures that are common to own job.
Team Interaction: Individually contributes to the team.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S1):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S1):
- Performs excellent work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards Ensures continuous improvement.
- Ensures continuous improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills safety and regulatory requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S1):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
High School Diploma or GED and < 1 year relevant industry
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Light Work category requiring exertion up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape, temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.
Job Clinical Support
Organization: Int Med PSR Team 303863
Title: Patient Services Rep-Internal Medicine Clinic
Location: TN-Nashville-Medical Center East (MCE) - North Tower
Requisition ID: 1705862