Marriott Internship Front Office in Netherlands, Netherlands
With its many museums, peaceful canals and 17th-century architecture, Amsterdam charms every visitor. In the midst of this splendid city, you'll find the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel.
Our luxury hotel, located across from Leidseplein's fine dining, shopping and entertainment, is a 5-minute walk to many attractions including the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. In the morning visit the Vondelpark for a relaxing walk or run or go to our on-site 24-hour health club for a great workout.
Our 396 spacious guest rooms have everything you need for business or leisure travel and upscale and casual dining awaits you in our two restaurants where you can grab a burger and beer or Amsterdam's finest steak in town. Our 12 banqueting rooms are equipped with the newest technology; we welcome you to our 'Meetings Imagined'.
Please note that this position is only for current students pursuing a Hotel Management degree.
''Mentoring today creates leaders tomorrow''
For the position of Front Office Trainee at the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel we are looking for a person who enjoys working with people and who has excellent "hospitality skills"!
During your internship you will:
- Check-in and check-out of guests according to the Brand Standards of the Marriott Hotel group.
- Covering all shifts (morning, evening and night) to get to know the Front Office department.
- Registering of Marriott Rewards members to create loyalty with our guests.
- Active in up-selling of guests which has a financial reward for you as an associate.
- Handle guest complaints and requests of our guests and follow up on this.
- Recognize and prepare the stay of our loyal guests.
- Assisting the Front Office Supervisor with daily tasks according to the check lists.
- Get to know other departments of Front Office (At Your Service, Guest relations and Concierge.
- Being up-to-date with Opera and gaining knowledge of the reservation system MARSHA.
Who are you?
- Student of the hotel school or other relevant education
- Looking for an internship from February 2018 onwards
- Team player
- Administrative skills and punctual
- Strong organizing skills
- Good communicative and social skills
- Fluent in English and preferably more languages.
- Flexible in working different shifts (AM/PM/Night)
What do we have to offer?
- Participation in our (class room) training sessions;
- Discount on room rates in all Marriott hotels worldwide for you, your family and friends;
- Discount on Food & Beverage in all Marriott Hotels worldwide;
- Free use of our Health Club;
- Free meals in our Staff Cafeteria;
- Many social- and sport activities with your colleagues.
Are you the perfect fit for the internship position? Please let us know why you want to be part of our team! For more information, take a look out our website:www.marriott.com/careers. Do you have any questions about the internship? Feel free to call Merel Lommers at 31206075594.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Requisition ID: 17001WTU