Sony Pictures Entertainment Fall 2017 Intern - Publicity NYC in New York City, New York
Fall 2017 Intern - Publicity NYC
The Publicity department in New York creates and executes campaigns for all Columbia Pictures titles, which include elements of broadcast, print, and online media. The team currently consists of eight members (six in national publicity and two in field publicity). Together, they generate overall awareness for Columbia Pictures titles and oversee all matters pertaining to publicity and promotions from their start of production through release, including (but not limited to) competitive research, script analysis, screening plans, press junkets, and grassroots campaigns.
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Research and create a comprehensive report on the competitive climate (to be completed during the entirety of the internship)
• Manage a weekly newsletter to be distributed department wide, with the prime focus being to keep all teams informed of news relevant to our industry, including significant events, openings, and activations occurring throughout New York City
• Manage screening programs by maintaining guest lists, attending screenings, and surveying attendees reactions to aid in creating ample prerelease strategies
• Attend and assist where ever needed at specialized events as they pertain to a film campaign; i.e. press junkets and film premieres
• Contribute enthusiastically to brainstorm meetings for all film campaigns, providing information from the ongoing competitive release report
• Update important documents to aid in campaign strategy planning
• Generate wide-ranging contact lists of grassroots promotional partners as they pertain to a film’s theme
• Build local guerilla-style initiatives that aid in the awareness of a film’s release
• Enrollment in an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship is required (third or fourth year is preferred)
• Demonstrated interest in publicity through relevant coursework and experiences
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Fluent in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, as well as all forms of social media
• Passion for the entertainment industry as a whole
SPE’s Fall Intern 2017 Program is a 12-week part-time program from September 25-December 15, 2017. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited degree program for the entire duration of their internship and must be available for the full 12 week session.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
- Sony Pictures - NY - New York City
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.