Hellmuth, Obata + Kassabaum, PC Interiors Student Intern in New York, New York
HOK is currently seeking a Hospitality Interiors Student Intern to join our team. As a Student Intern for the Hospitality Interior Design team, you will be responsible for performing interior assignments to obtain professional experience on 4 & 5 star projects. The ideal candidate will arrive with a true designer's eye, positive energy, and a willingness to grow.
* Performs elementary interiors assignments and works from designs of others.
* Create presentation level packages, utilizing an array of programs (listed below).
* Copies sketches, layouts, plans and drawings.
* Performs drafting assignments by applying standardized drawing techniques.
* Develops, modifies and/or reviews production drawings according to established standards.
* Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
* Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
* Materials & finish selections, communicating with reps/vendors regarding samples.
* Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software strongly preferred.
* Possess basic hand and CAD drafting skills.
* Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
* Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Proficiency in Revit is preferred.
* Basic knowledge about sustainability and LEED preferred.
* Basic proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006 preferred.
* Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to work in team environment.
* Currently enrolled in an architecture or interior design program.
* Previous internship in an architectural or interiors design firm preferred.
HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
New York, New York, United States
HOK is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer
Employer's Job# 1891-737
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.