Sony Music Entertainment Intern, Rights Management- Fall 2017 in New York, New York
|Job ID||2017-6147||# Positions||1|
|Location||US-New York||Posted Date||7/20/2017|
The Orchard is a pioneering music, video and film distribution company and top-ranked Multi Channel Network operating in more than 25 global markets. With a holistic approach to sales and marketing combined with industry-leading technology and operations, The Orchard amplifies reach and revenue across hundreds of digital, physical and mobile outlets around the world. The Orchard streamlines content owners' business complexity with an intuitive client dashboard, comprehensive rights management and tailored client support. Founded in 1997, The Orchard empowers businesses and creators in the entertainment industry. For further information, please visit www.theorchard.com.
An internship at The Orchard offers students a unique hands-on experience in the exciting and fast-growing field of media distribution, marketing and sales. Our internships are unpaid.
As a Rights Management Intern in the Video Services department, you're eager to learn and apply the knowledge you've gained from your studies to the rapidly evolving world of YouTube and rights management, and would love to become familiar with YouTube's Content Management System. You are vital in helping to scale our digital audio & video business; executing on a value proposition that drives client satisfaction, engagement, and revenue! You are impeccably accurate and detailed, and have a keen interest in working with data and in Excel. You're an excellent communicator who is able to provide a high level of service, both internally and externally, and you're great at following processes, procedures, and deadlines.
- Use The Orchard's internal tools to review content maintained in YouTube's CMS (e.g. sound recordings, music videos) with a high level of detail, speed, and accuracy, and to ensure proper management of The Orchard's digital assets on YouTube
- Support the Rights team in researching and resolving rights-related issues on YouTube, such as user disputes/appeals, 3rd party claims, and ownership conflicts, and communicating directly via email with YouTube users and Orchard employees
- Assist the Performance Rights Services team in researching, analyzing, and resolving master rights conflicts at performance rights collections societies
- Participate in additional quality assurance initiatives to comply with YouTube Content ID guidelines, as well as other administrative tasks and research projects as needed
- Must be a college student enrolled in a class and receiving credit specifically for this internship. Interns will need to provide documentation verifying enrollment prior to their start date.
- Consistently punctual and able to adhere to a set schedule
- Comfort in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Well-organized and attentive to detail; outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets preferred
- Passion for, knowledge of, and appreciation for music!
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.