Arup Transportation Planning Intern in New York, New York
Transportation Planning Intern Position available in 2018
Start your career at Arup, an independent engineering and consulting firm of 14,000 people in 42 countries around the world. Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest). Current North American projects include Fulton Street Transit Center in NYC, California High-Speed Rail, 2015 Pan Am Games stadiums in Toronto, and the Las Vegas Observation Wheel.
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment
We are seeking Transportation Planning Interns for 2018. As a Transportation Planning Intern, you will learn and apply the following:
• Conducting background research on specific locations, strategies or policies
• Data collection and analysis
• Use of specialist software packages
• Completing and documenting technical analyses
• Report writing
• Attending team, consultant and client meetings
• Working with people from other disciplines to gain knowledge on new subjects.
• Proven interest in the fields of transportation engineering and planning
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher
• A degree in a relevant analytical discipline
• Coursework in transportation planning and/or engineering
• Relevant intern and/or research experience
• Strong technical and analytical skills with an ability to demonstrate attention to detail
• Good time-management habits, ability to multi-task, ability to sustain focus on long tasks
•Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas in an accessible way
•Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, teamwork, creativity.
• Masters degree in Transportation Planning or related
• Membership in at least one relevant professional organization
• Significant thesis, class project or studio work related to urban transportation planning, transportation engineering analysis, and/or transportation land use interface
• Internship with transportation consulting firm or major transportation agency
• Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
• Proven ability to perform in a paid work environment with intermittent supervision
• Past history of presentations and technical writing
• Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Transport Planning
Title: Transportation Planning Intern
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: NEW0000ER