Corning Incorporated Manufacturing Intern in Oneonta, New York
Date: Aug 8, 2017
Location: Oneonta, NY, US, 13820
Req #: 2285
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in speciality glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Environmental Technologies segment manufactures ceramic substrates and filter products for emissions control in mobile and stationary applications around the world.
Scope of Position: Provide support as team member of a major development project. Create or provide input to project plans, establish project plan and milestones scope, schedule, cost estimate, strategy Provide regular updates on project status, including design reviews. Conduct or contribute to a project critique at completion and share key learning(s).
• Apply both analytical concepts and “hands on” learning
• Create designs with emphasis on design for manufacturability and durability i.e. ease of manufacture, cost avoidance
• Update action plans as needed to conform to changes in project plan,
• Specify challenges to time lines and expected outcomes in detail and track progress
• Manage time and resources effectively to meet milestones
• Effectively use project buffers to protect the project plan
• Generate possible solutions, plans and contingencies before acting and before soliciting advice from others.
• Champion project efforts and build consensus among team members on goals of the project
• Develop criteria to prioritize tasks
• Understand and support corporate requirements and standards/processes
Travel Requirements: Some local travel may be required
Hours of work / work schedule / flex-time: Standard work hours are 40hrs/week; 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday through Friday
Education and Experience:
• Enrolled in Technical Manufacturing degree.
• Eligible to legally work in the United States.
• CAD software experience a plus ProEngineer preferred
• Problem-solving skills
• Organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to build relationships and interact with all levels of the organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively present information
• Strong belief in own abilities, takes personal responsibility, and projects positive self-image
• Strong work ethic and committed to accomplishing objectives
• Maintains optimistic, “can do” attitude
• Flexibility - Able to change and adjust smoothly as the situation demands.
• Awareness of OSHA requirements
• Computer literate in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: Oneonta