UPMC Summer Associate – Marketing/Communications Internship in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Summer Associates Program
Are you ready to learn from the best? Does the idea of being a part of Life Changing Medicine inspire you? Are you looking for an opportunity to put into practice the theories you’ve learned? If so, the UPMC Summer Associate program might be the perfect way to spend your Summer of 2018.
Here at UPMC, we pride ourselves on developing young talent and providing you an opportunity to learn from the best of the best. We want to invest in the future leaders of our organization… you!
As a Summer Associate, you will have an opportunity to participate in a full time, 11-week summer internship program with a world-renowned health care provider, whose hospitals are consistently ranked on U.S. News & World Report’s Annual Honor Roll of America’s Best Hospitals. Our program is a highly competitive, compensated summer internship for college students interested in business, technology, operational or analytical areas within Health Care.
During your internship program, you will have the opportunity to network with UPMC Executives, give back to the Pittsburgh Community through Summer Associate service events, receive mentorship, enhance your skills with hands on real world experience and training, and most importantly, work on projects that make an impact on patient care while gaining knowledge on how we provide Life Changing Medicine. And a little bit of fun too!
Come spend your summer with us!
A little bit about the MARKETING/COMMUNICATIONS program:
• A- You may work on communications plans, video scripts, creative non fiction writing, communication campaign and more.
• B-You may assist with production of marketing materials for member engagement and build build marketing campaigns.
• C-You may provide social media and newsletter support, content development and tactical development and oversight.
We’re looking for students who…
• Are passionate and determined to make a difference. No mediocracy allowed.
• Want to challenge the standard and create new ways of thinking and executing.
• Can’t wait to see what the next challenge will be. Every day will be different and that excites you.
• Believe in our Core Values. They are not just written on the walls. We demonstrate our commitment to these values daily.
• Have emerging leadership abilities, excellent communication and analytical skills plus thrive in a collaborative environment.
• Care about the work they do, the people we work with and the patients we work for.
• Pride themselves on their integrity. It’s not just about the work we do, but how we do it.
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
• Currently pursuing or recently completed a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s required
• December 2017 graduate or current Junior or Senior who will be graduating between May 2018 and August 2019
• Availability to participate in the Summer Associate Program full time, from June to August 2018 for approximately 11 weeks with minimal absence (Yes, don’t worry, you can still enjoy some summer vacation time!)
Recruitment Timeline Expectations*:
This position will be posted from the period beginning August 11, 2017 and ending on November 1, 2017 for summer 2018 interns. We will be conducting video interviews throughout the application process until early November. We anticipate conducting in-person interviews in late November with verbal offers to be extended in mid-December 2017.
*Subject to change
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances: As Required
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities