Daimler Trucks North America Intern-Accounts Receivable Projects Analyst in Portland, Oregon
Innovative products begin with talented, highly motivated individuals. Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA), the largest and most diverse company in the North American commercial vehicle market, invites you to join our dynamic, industry-leading workforce. Our world-class portfolio of brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit™ engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis, offers the unique opportunity to follow your passion for automotives in business or technical fields at locations across North America. And when you work for a Daimler company, you join a global network of over 250,000 dedicated employees on 6 continents who share your passion. Apply today and explore the world of Daimler!
This Internship supports a team of 8 persons engaged in the credit & collections function in DTNA’s Portland, OR offices. This person will learn and apply basic collection, tracking and reporting techniques in an energetic, lean office environment. This includes exposure to DTNA’s finance team, distribution network, as well as multiple aftermarket processes.
- Analyze customer payment habits for DTNA’s distribution network.This includes collection of data regarding payment frequency & timing.
- Analyze types and volumes of invoice disputes, which slow down payments due.
- Review collateral requirements for each customer.
- For the above, develop trend reporting and recommend corrective actions like system improvements or communication methods.This means a focus on “ease of doing business” between the customer and DTNA as a means to improve all interactions, including resolution of disputes and improvement of payment habits.
- Assist in deployment and development of various communication mediums (PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel, Visio, etc.)
- Track and report and the conversion of dealerships to an automatic drafting payment method.
Analyze bank fees for multi-billion dollar cash flow. Identify key drivers and develop reporting for management.
Minimum Junior level in a Bachelors Program or higher (or have graduated within the last 12 months) required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- An attached resume is required
- Pursuing a degree in Business or information Systems is required
- Availability from July 2017 to Dec 2017(Full time availability in the summer months required then part time availability in the fall is acceptable).
- Strong communication skills, spelling, grammar, and professional and business communications required
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, etc.) required
- Ability to type efficiently and accurately (approx. 40 wpm) required
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions required
- Ability to work both in a team and independently required
- Quick learner in a dynamic work environment required
- Focused, professional, organized, reliable, and responsible required
- Basic accounting software knowledge preferred
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Title: Intern-Accounts Receivable Projects Analyst
Requisition ID: DAI00002MQ