PlexusCorp Intern - Product Engineer - Summer 2018 in Raleigh, North Carolina
The Raleigh Design Center Located near the heart of one of the nation’s leading technology hubs, the Raleigh Design Center’s 50 engineers and designers serve customers in the Eastern United States with high-end talent drawn from leading national universities and the rich Triangle area talent pool. Our engineers form a close-knit, elite team with 18 years of history providing leading companies high quality, innovative designs. Featuring a modern, southern feel with a family-friendly culture amid the beautiful scenery of Eastern North Carolina, the Raleigh-Durham area is only hours from world famous beaches and the Appalachian Mountains.
Job Overview To provide design qualification and engineering support throughout all stages of the product development and manufacturing life cycle
Skills & Abilities
- Develop project documentation in accordance with quality and change management procedures and guidelines to ensure project information is properly organized and archived
- Develop, maintain and execute design verification, environmental and reliability test plans, traceability matrices, procedures, equipment, results, and other related documents to ensure product consistently meet high quality standards and agency requirements
- Direct the development and assembly of prototypes by providing documentation and technical assistance to design engineering staff, material procurement team, and others as necessary to ensure high quality prototypes are built in a timely manner
- Demonstrate proficiency using lab equipment and debug techniques to ensure products meet design requirements
By reviewing and understanding industry-specific and agency standards, investigate compliance issues and serve as liaison among the development team, manufacturing team, and the compliance agency (UL, FCC, etc.) to ensure product requirements are understood and submittals are well organized Education
Junior level college student majoring in engineering
- Preferred field would be Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering
- GPA: 3.0 or higher All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. Some of our customers contracts are governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which require us to consider only applicants who are US citizens, permanent residents (green card holders), or who have been granted political asylum. Consequently, some of our positions are subject to this ITAR requirement. Thank you for your understanding.
Auto req ID: 16456BR
Title: Intern - Product Engineer - Summer 2018
Job Family: Engineering
Location: Raleigh, NC
Working At Plexus: Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving ExcellencePlexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you’re an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!