Intermountain Healthcare Student Intern II - IS Project Management Office (PMO) in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Project Management Office (PMO) within Intermountain Healthcare’s Information Systems department is looking for an intern to assist with the management of our portfolio of Clinical, Finance, and IT Infrastructure projects and with the administration of our project management applications. The position requires good analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills. The selected candidate will gain valuable experience in application administration, portfolio management, and project management experience. This internship can start immediately and may last up to 12 months, depending upon candidate availability and company need.
Essential Job Duties
- Become an expert in using Microsoft Project Online in order to help other employees resolve problems and learn to use the application more effectively.
- Directly manage projects that deliver IT solutions.
- Meet with team managers and their staff to present reports, deliver trainin and answer questions.
- Develop and write user guides for specific project management tasks.
- Perform application administration tasks for Project Online.
- Develop and produce reports and dashboards using analysis and reporting tools.
- Assist with resource capacity vs. demand analysis.
- Salary: $15/hour
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: 20 hours
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday between 8am and 5pm; specific hours are flexible
- Department: Information Systems Project Management Office
- Location: 4646 Lake Park Ave., West Valley City, Utah
- This position will work with confidential information and requires that the employee sign the IT Employee Invention and Confidentiality Agreement upon hire.
- Student in business fields (Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Business Management, Finance, Communications, etc.),.), who is in their third or fourth year of an undergraduate program at an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a strong work ethic with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to create and maintain positive and healthy relationships in team environment and in working with others
- Be a self-starter and fulfill project tasks within deadline
- Experience in customer service or customer issue resolution.
- Familiarity with project management terminology and processes.
- Experience with Microsoft Project or other project management applications.
- Experience with reporting tools such as SAP Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access Reports, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services.
- Experience with data analysis tools such as Cognos, Hyperion, Microsoft Analysis Services.
- Speaking, hearing / listening, seeing, manual dexterity
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 20
Primary Work Location Lake Park Campus
Expertise Information Technology
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City