USAA Intern in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
The Summer Internship is a 10-week program designed for MBA students who have completed their first year of studies. Program participation includes a full-time (40 hours a week) internship in our San Antonio, TX office. Participants will be assigned to an operational team and provide support through business research, planning, and reporting. Assists in the preparation of business-related research and analyses, development of data and analytical requirements, and provides input on the definition of business problems and improvement opportunities. Upon completion individuals will have the opportunity to compete for future full-time positions.
We are currently seeking talented MBA Interns for our Finance group for our San Antonio, TX facility.
- Develops executive level presentations. Assists with data aggregation and representation and provides input into how to articulate key messages.
- Performs financial forecasting, competitive intelligence, and business planning and/or business problem analysis. Assists with business case development, including gathering requirements, analyzing business trends, researching historical data, reviewing industry standards, recommending and presenting solutions.
- May complete special assignments or research projects as required.
- Supports the ongoing management of agency resources, campaign and/or channel plans and related budgets that achieve stated objectives.
- Pursuing an MBA from an accredited program with an expected graduation date of August 2018 or later.
- Three or more years of relevant corporate experience or military experience.
- Depending on business requirement may require an undergraduate degree specific to business need (e.g. MBA with an undergraduate degree in a specified concentration such as Finance, Statistics, Business Administration, Experience Design, Management Science, or other relevant discipline).
- Must be willing to participate in a full-time, 10-week internship in our San Antonio office.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access or similar spreadsheet, presentation, word processing and database tools.
- Professional designations (E.g. CPA, CFA).
- Demonstrated academic competency in accounting, finance, economics and statistics.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not *available* for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
Intern TX-San Antonio R0012623