USAA Intern in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
Under direct supervision, supports the assessment and mitigation of enterprise and business unit exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Provides support to team members involved in monitoring the control environment to ensure risk exposures are kept at acceptable levels.
We are currently seeking talented Intern-Risk Management for our San Antonio, TX facility.
- Provides support to team members partnering with key stakeholders in the business in the identification, assessment and documentation of risks and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distribution channels, regulations and third party operations.
- Supports the implementation of new risk policies, practices, and solutions to ensure compliance with regulatory guidance and industry best practice.
- Provides support for projects that impact the enterprise-wide risk management organization.
- Provides input on analyses that predict, evaluate and manage risk across all products and business units, including insurance, credit, financial, market, legal and regulatory, operational and strategic risks.
- Assists with quantitative analysis of risk trends and may provide input on root cause analyses.
- Supports model risk management activities pertaining to model documentation review, assessment of performance monitoring, model validation, and use implementation.
- Participates in the documentation and design and execution of control tests within business processes.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Insurance, Business, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other related field from an accredited college or university.
- Expected graduation date of Aug 2018 or later.
- Currently pursuing a Master's degree in Risk Management, Insurance, Business, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other related field from an accredited college or university.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not *available* for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
Intern TX-San Antonio R0012611