Wolf Creek Federal Services Facilities Maintenance Intern (Temporary/ Part-time) in SAN BERNARDINO, California
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description Of Job:
Student Intern position reports to Facilities Supervisor. Main duties are to perform minor maintenance, custodial, and grounds keeping functions based on individual skill sets, in compliance with government, corporate and management directives.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Performs center wide basic repair in custodial, roads, and grounds.
- Operates and maintains a variety of maintenance associated power tools.
- Collects and disposes of all litter, trash and debris on grounds, streets and parking lots. Sweeps and clean exterior steps, entrances, landings and sidewalks.
- Performs custodial duties including: floor care, clean and sanitize restrooms and work areas, vacuum, order supplies, wax and strip floors, shampoo carpets, wash walls, windows and woodwork. Dusts furniture and fixtures.
- Assists other maintenance staff with necessary maintenance and repairs of Center buildings.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs to associated equipment.
- Performs limited repairs of buildings and associated equipment, fixtures, and infrastructure.
- Models appropriate social skills in dealing with student employees and staff.
- Adheres to all safety and hygiene practices. Washes hands after all restroom breaks, and continuously whenever handling clean dishes. Wears clean proper working attire: to include safety shoes (or slip resistant leather hi-top shoes), short-sleeve shirts and full length pants. Open-toed shoes, sleeveless shirts, and shorts are not allowed in the kitchen.
- Arrives on time and completes all scheduled shifts; follows appropriate procedures in the event of illness or unforeseen emergency.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of Center staff and students.
- Ability to develop rapport and positive working relationships with all departments
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and ability to work in a safe manner, using any required personal protective equipment (PPE) as may be required.
- Compliance with company standard operating procedures and personnel policies and procedures.
- Successful completion of all Center requirements to be considered as an intern.
- Successfully pass any background check and/drug test required on the contract.
- Ability to obtain & maintain valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
This is a temporary/ part-time position available to current students of Inland Job Corps ONLY.
Primary Location: US-California-SAN BERNARDINO
Number of Openings: 2
Job Number: AXI10032
Req ID: AXI10032